Arsy Vartanian has done it again! As if her last book, Paleo Slow Cooker, was not enough, now she has this fantastic new book out: The Paleo Foodie Cookbook: 120 Food Lover's Recipes for Healthy, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Delicious Meals. And if you are a paleo foodie like I am, then this is a must- have book for your paleo cookbook collection. These are just a few of the amazing recipes you will find in this book:
- Caramelized Onion and Beet Soup
- Thai Green Curry Chicken
- Wine-Braised Duck Legs
- Bangkok Meatballs
- Honey and Citrus Glazes Parsnips
- Fiery Fruit Salsa
When it comes to burgers, most people think of beef, Lamb offers cooks a more complex and sophisticated flavor to work with. The sweet and savory sun-dried tomatoes and earthy mushrooms harmonize perfectly with the rich lamb. My favorite way to enjoy burgers is on top of grilled portobello mushrooms.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Lamb Burgers
- 1/2 cup/80 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup/40 g dried porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 lbs/900 g ground lamb
- 2 pieces bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 tsp/3 g chili powder
- 2 tsp/10 g sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup/20 g fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup/5 g fresh basil
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For the portobello mushrooms:
- 6 portobello mushrooms, stemmed (Use 12 mushrooms if you want two "buns" per burger)
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp/30 g butter, melted
- Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes by placing them in a bowl and covering them with warm water. Let them soak at room temperature for at least 45 minutes or until they feel flexible. Rehydrate dried mushrooms by placing them in a bowl and covering them with warm water for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, lamb, bacon, garlic, onion, chili powder, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, jalapeño and egg. Mix gently. Form into 6 patties.
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms. Generously salt and pepper them and liberally brush with melted butter. Grill burgers for about 4 minutes a side for medium burgers. Cook portobello mushrooms for 5 minutes per side or until heated through and tender.
- Top each portobello mushroom with a burger and serve. Optionally, use two portobello mushrooms for each burger for two buns.
Che'f Tip: For an added flavor boost, top this burger with sautéed onions and sliced avocado.
Get your copy of The Paleo Foodie Cookbook today!