2. Air Freshener - Add a few drops to 2 cups of water and allow to simmer on the stove. The smell will permeate the air. Citrus scents are a good choice such as lime or lemon, or a combination or orange and cinnamon.
3. Trash Can Deodorizer - Place a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and place at the bottom of a trash can to help combat odors. Spearmint or peppermint are good choices.
4, Lotion Bars - Mix a few drops with your favorite oils to create homemade lotion bars. Choose your favorite scent and your will have great smelling, soft skin all day.
5. Nausea Relief - A few drops of oil behind each ear can help combat nauseau. Peppermint is one of the best choices.
6. Relaxing Bath - Adding some essential oils to a bath is a great way to help relax and leave your skin smelling great. Adding about 10 drops of your favorite scent.
7. Massage - Mixing 2-3 drops with a few drops of almond oil make a great massage lotion. Lavender is a good choice and will help you relax.
8. Headache Relief - Massage a few drops of essential oil on the back of your neck and temples to help relieve a tension headache. Lavender or sage are the best options for headaches.
9. Food Rub - Mix 5 drops of patchouli with 5 drops of peppermint along with 1-2 Tbsp. of Epsom Salt. Rub the mixture onto your feet and then soak them in a tub of warm water. Your feet will be soft and it will also will help alleviate any soreness.
10. Homemade Lotion - Mix a few drops of your favorite essential oil in with some coconut oil or almond oil to make a fragrant lotion that is good for your skin and free from chemicals or additives.
11. Moth Repellent - Soak a cotton ball in a few drop of patchouli oil and place in your closet to help keep moths away.
12. Disinfectant - Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil, 2 cups of water and 2 Tbsp. of vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on problem areas (do not rinse).
13. Scalp Stimulant - A few drops of tea tree oil mixed with your favorite shampoo can help stimulate hair growth, repel lice and help relieve a dry, flaky scalp.
14. Congestion - Add a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil to steaming bowl of water and gently inhale the steam to help fight a stuffy nose or chest congestion.
15. Restful Sleep - Mix a few drops of lavender oil with a few drops of water and spray on your sheets and pillow to help you sleep better at night.
16. Alertness - Rubbing a few drops of peppermint essential oil between your palms to warm it and then bring your hands to your nose and inhale a few deep breaths to help you stay awake and alert.
17. Skin Toner - Mix a few drops of lavender and rosewood with 1 cup of water and place in a small bottle. Apply to face with a cotton ball after cleansing (no need to rinse).
18.Stinky Shoes - Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the inside of your shoes, or place a few drops on a cotton ball and stick inside your shoes to help eliminate any odor. This is a great idea for a gym back or when storing shoes seasonally.
19. Scented Letters - Want to add a little extra touch to your letters? Add a drop of your favorite scent to any card or letter, such as cinnamon for holiday cards or vanilla for a love note. Dab a few drops on a small piece of paper and slip it inside the envelop along with your letter or card and seal it right away.
20. Car Freshener - Add a drop or two of your favorite scent to your car mat to help keep your car smelling fresh.
21. Acne Fighter - A drop or two of tea tree oil is a great way to help dry up acne. Place on the end of a q-tip and dab on the blemish before going to bed (do not use on open sores).
22. Oil Pulling - Add a drop of peppermint to your current oil of choice to help make your mouth feel fresh after oil pulling.
23. Remove Sticky Stuff - A few drops of lemon essential oil is great for helping remove sticky stuff such as gums, oils or glues from surfaces. It also works great for removing jar labels!
24. Body Scrub - Mix 1 cup of Epsom Salt with 1/3 cup almond oil and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Rub all over your body in the shower before turning the water on, and then rinse off. You will be left with smooth skin that smells amazing!
25. Cold Rub - Make your own vapo-rub my mixing a few drops off eucalyptus oil with some coconut oil or almond oil and rubbing on your chest and back.
Do you use essential oils at all? I am a big fan, and love sample kits like this one that allows you to try out a variety of scents.
Note: When purchasing essential oils, make sure to look for a brand with no fillers or additives. Always do a small test on skin for allergies or sensitivities before using any new products such as essential oils.