There are a lot of claims to what it can do for you body, such as reduce cellulite, increase circulation and rid your body of toxins. I don't know if any of that is true or not, but I enjoy doing it every morning because it helps me feel more awake and makes my skin soft. It is like giving yourself a mini-massage and it does feel like your body is more energized afterwards (maybe that is the enhanced blood circulation? hmmmm).
Here are some tips on dry brushing:
1. Do it first thing in the morning, and keep your brush right next to the shower so you don't forget.
2. Start at your feet and brush in long upward strokes towards your heart. Do the same along your arms and all the way to the top of your neck.
3. Brush your stomach area in a clockwise circular motion
4. Press a little harder on the areas where the skin is thicker and softer on the more delicate skin
5. Make sure to shower afterwards to remove any excess dead skin cells that are hanging around
Do you use dry brushing and if so how does it work for you? Let us know!